søndag 1. november 2009

Piedmont Temptation

I am in the process of finishing a Piedmont Temptation. I have not yet desided whether I want to use a glow engine or convert it to electric. I finished the wings quite a while ago. I used light, good quality balsa, only. The finished weight is 386g/389g for each half. This weight includes a servo and linkage, but not the wing tube. I am quite pleased with the low weight. The first pair of wings I built (for the EMC2 pattern plane) weighs over 500g each. Weighing the balsa and picking out the light ones really makes a huge difference. The EMC2 wings are slightly bigger, but not really that much.




Right now I am in the process of making the stab. I bought the kit while I lived in California a few years ago. I got an extra set of foam cores for the wing and stab. The former owner had started making the stab, but I was not happy with the job he had done, so I desided to give it a try myself on the second pair of stab cores. I had to build a nice jig to make the stab-tube holes in the foam core. I am pretty happy with the result. See pictures. Making a jig is not a whole lot of fun, but when you see the result it is really worth the hassle.



Ingen kommentarer: